Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Harvest Updates

It's been a while since I've posted, I apologize. There are many things in my life I'm trying to juggle, one being the gardening, the other being a wife and mom, also trying to find freelance work to bring some income in, and now I'm a newly minted homeschool mom!  You could say I took a leap towards self-sufficiency in that realm!

Here are our current harvests, enjoy!

Zucchini, Eggplants, Basil, Peppers, Tomatoes, Green Beans, Strawberries, Figs and the long skinny tendrils towards the bottom are "Dragon Whiskers"-Chayote greens
Carrots, Peppers, Figs, Eggplants, Tomatoes, Green Beans!
I was feeling artsy...
Peaches!!! Num num...These were given as a gift from our neighbors since gifted them with figs!
We have okra and blackberries too (although the berries are TART!)
Starting to harvest some kidney beans

Basil
Akane apples with worms in them. We cut off the bad parts and the rest was good! Akane has a very spicy aroma to it, which I like. A good balance of sweet and tangy.

LOTS of figs, and some oranges too



3 comments:

Mr. H. said...

Another amazing display from your garden. Best of luck with homeschooling...good for you.

AJK said...

Hi Mr. H! Thanks for always stopping by my little corner! I'm excited about the homeschooling. It will definitely challenge me with discipline on MY part! I hope I can be a good teacher to our son.

BLD in MT said...

My sister is just adding homeschooling to her list of canning, gardening, housekeeping, etc. She is nervous too. I am sure you'll do wonderfully and that your son will really benefit from a one-on-one education.

Beautiful produce as always. My mouth is watering.