Monday, March 19, 2012

Harvest Updates, Monday March 19th

Happy Spring Equinox! I apologize for my absence, life is just sooo busy!! Between spring planting, harvesting, spring cleaning, homeschooling and working freelance projects, I hardly have time to post, let alone sleep sometimes!  Here are our most recent harvests. Enjoy!
Orange Calendulas, green onions, baby carrots, Valencia orange, lettuces, blue basil and strawberries
A small harvest of potatoes from the Russets that survived the frost-kill.
 These 1/2 dozen eggs and Kafir Lime leaves were a lovely exchange for some of our romaine lettuce, new zealand spinach, and blackberry canes that Tim had dug up. I'd say this was a VERY excellent exchange. 
 This bag of key limes was an exchange for blackberry canes.
Do you see a green "cookie monster"? I sure do!
 Yu mai tsai (Chinese Lettuce), bunch onions, bok choi and yomogi.
 Romaine lettuces :)
Dug the rest of the Russet Potatoes that survived the frost
 More Lettuce!
I didn't get a chance to take a pic of the Day Lily before it was cooked, so here it is as a dish. It's sauteéd with gobo, soy sauce and sesame seeds. Yum!



No comments: