Friday, July 22, 2011

Harvest Updates

Hi everyone! I'm back! My father-in-law generously gifted his clan with an all expense paid Alaskan cruise, so we were gone for a week! During that time, my mom looked after our garden, and she said she ate LOTS of produce and gave a lot away too, so no pictures of those.... :-(  These harvest pics are from before the trip.

Smile for me!
Thinned carrots

Shiso, Eggplants, Orange and Pepper

Peppers and eggplant
We're starting to taper off on the strawberries as the plants are producing runners now



Below are the harvests AFTER we came back from the trip:
Currently we are harvesting: Kyohou Grapes
A day's bounty (OK the grapes got a shot in this one too, it's the same bunch)
cherry tomatoes, strawberries, thinned carrots, peppers, zucchini, green tomatoes, cucumbers, and one walking onion
New Zealand spinach
Shiso(perilla), kabocha pumpkin, figs, blackberries, strawberries, tomatoes, green beans, and zucchini
Eggplants, peppers, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, figs, strawberries and baby corn

3 comments:

BLD in MT said...

That is a happy face! Awesome.

Lucky you, going on a cruise! Alaska is a place I'd certainly like to visit. Someday!

Anne said...

Hope you had a wonderful trip!!

Great harvest and the meals you made look soooooo gooooood!!!!

AJK said...

Thanks BLD! It's fun playing with food! :-D

I know, I'm so blessed to be able to go on the cruise to Alaska, we would never be able to afford it on our own!

Thanks Anne! I've gotta be more "on the ball" about taking more meal pics. Sometimes we're just so hungry, I forget to take the pic before it's all gone!